Saturday, November 15, 2014

Comment on Laura Aguillar by Yadira Sesmas




As Yadira states I like that Aguilar also used a photograph medium in her pieces. It is one of the least explored mediums in my opinion. I like how Yadira calls Aguilar a non-conformist. I do see her as non-conformist. I also appreciate how she uses bigger bodies and appreciates their beauty. As Yadira states most people focus on the thinner body as beautiful while Aguilar does not. This view is refreshing for the fact it makes me feel beauty I am not the typical size 2 girl I have curves and I am proud of that. Being in the United states and having a not so typical stick thin body is difficult it makes you feel like your not beautiful sometimes. I appreciate all the movements recently to help girls feel proud of themselves through not photoshopping all pictures. For example American Eagles intimate line Aerie now does not altar their pictures at all. This stand companies are making helps empower young women to feel beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment