Saturday, November 15, 2014

Dia De Los Muertos Response to Ashley Uvina

      Hey Ashley I choose to respond to you because I was very intrigued in why face painting was not part of the ritual that you participated on el Dia De Los Muertos. I've participated in various events that consist on Dia de Los Muertos rituals and face painting is one of them, so I was curious as to why that wasn't a part of it if its seen as a traditional form of art on these two days of honoring our loved ones who have passed away. I also wanted to ask how you enjoyed the process of preparing for the showing of the altar, the picture looks amazing so many bright colors and details that were put into to the altar. How much outside time did you dedicate to prepare and how early was this started?  How was this year's Dia de Los Muertos different and or similar than the previous you've celebrated?
     I really enjoyed reading your post and learning just how diverse people celebrate holidays like these. I'm glad you all came together to honor loved ones, all the hard work and time truly shows, it looked great. Thanks for informing me as well as our class with your experience for the Dia de Los Muertos event.

No comments:

Post a Comment