Saturday, November 8, 2014

Laura Aguilar

I chose to write about Laura Aguilar because her form of art struck me the most. I enjoy the story behind her photography because at one point she used to be self-conscious of her body because she was over weight. Growing up she used to get teased for being overweight, as the years went by she began embracing her curves and using it as art.
Although her photography is very revealing it still however is very expressive. Her art is different than other artists because instead of thinking why the artist drew or painted something you think of what the person's life story is. Her form of art captivates a story and it makes me question why Aguilar choose the individuals that she does.
At first I was surprised to see her form of art but after some time I truly appreciated the meaning behind her artwork. We need artist like Laura Aguilar that will help people deal with the real issues in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment