Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week 5

I was really taken by the art work of Laura Aguilar. It is really fascinating and inspirational how she is a self-taught photographer. I love how through her artwork she wants to give awareness that the ideal body of a women does not have to be a skinny, that the female body can be on the heavy side and still be just as beautiful. She makes me think about how we should not take into account the ideologies that the media has brainwashed us with toward what the perfect women is because we are all beautiful no matter our appearance is. What makes Laura even more inspirational is that even with the challenges she has faced in her life she had a determination to make amazing art ( which she did) and with it also found an outlet as well. My favorite pieces that she has are the outdoor black and white ones because I find it beautiful how at least for me she is able to convey the beauty of humanity within nature, that we are all as one. She is a beautiful human and I am grateful that I was introduced to her art, I hope that I can have the opportunity to see more of her artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment