Saturday, October 24, 2015

Alvarez

Before that day in class, I had never heard of Laura Alvarez or seen any of her work. She is an artist who truly speaks through her art. It was very interesting how much of her life is in her art. These are my favorites types of artists, ones whose stories show through their art. Although art is interpreted different for everyone, when someone, like Laura, has such deep-rooted history in her art, it’s inviting others to connect with hers. It can help people in ways where one never thought art could help.  I was also very intrigued when she played us her music, because personally I connect with music very deeply. I am a huge fan of music not only for entertainment purposes, but also as a form of therapy.


Description: Macintosh HD:Users:sabgin:Desktop:Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 4.30.11 PM.png






Looking through her art, I enjoyed seeing each piece and the differences in moods and plotlines but this piece caught my eye. I particularly liked this piece because its shows how multipurpose a woman can be. This girl is dressed normally to be, and the way I interpreted is that she isn’t a spy, or a maid. I see her as a regular girl, but she is using her tiara as some sort of advance technology, as well as the way she is throwing this bird. The bird to me is being thrown as some type of arrow, with maybe a sharp tip, which she uses for defense. I liked how this piece shows that this girl is able to fend for herself and protect herself.  I don’t see fear in her eyes; I see strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment