Saturday, October 24, 2015

Laura Alvarez

Aqui EstoyLast Monday, I really enjoyed having Laura Alvarez as a guest speaker for our class. Listening to Laura talk about her family background and how her family became an inspiration to create her art works, truly made me think that she is an amazing and multitalented artist. Among Laura’s art works, the work that stood out to me the most is “Aquì Estoy”, which is an acrylic, watercolor on paper, ink, Plexi Glas on wood panel. It features a paper cut out of Double Agent Sirvienta and a bird figure, and background filled with lyrics to the music “Aquì Estoy”, which is also created by Laura. When Laura first played the music, my first impression of it was that the music was very interesting and strange; however, as I kept listening to it, it started to sound mysterious and secretive, which perfectly goes well with the concept of Double Agent Sirvienta. Just like the title “Aquì Estoy”, in the music, it felt as if Double Agent Sirvienta is trying to tell people that she is here, but other people cannot tell because she is disguised and doing her job as a secret agent. Whenever I think of the painting “Aquì Estoy”, the music also plays along in my head and it seems to give the painting a story and to me it sets the mood to be mysterious and secretive as if Double Agent Sirvienta is on a mission to accomplish a secret task as an agent.     


No comments:

Post a Comment