Saturday, November 14, 2015

Got Milk?

Milk the Pass (left ) by Barbara Carrasco would be my favorite so far. I like that it is in a way funny and how it reflects a silliness that people do to fit in. It is relate able to all the people that are either light skinned or can not eat chilies or jalapenos. It reminds everyone that there is no real image of Chicana or Latina. I myself am weird because I am light skinned and the pressure to eat chili was actually minimal, the real test as a kid were Hot Cheetos. I know its weird because now I wont dare eat a chili but I will down Hot Cheetos like a sport.
Which reminds me of what artist I thought it was similar to, I thought it was similar to Yolanda Lopez and the piece she did that would imitate what it meant to be Mexican to the rest of the world with generic cactus and food. ( a mural she made at a school ). It had humor in it because it was titled Things I Never Told My Son About Being Mexican. (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment