Thursday, November 5, 2015

  One of the images that I liked from the book was the image where the family is gathered in the porch enjoying a piece of watermelon. This picture reminded me of my childhood. Whenever we went to my grandmother’s house we liked to sit in the porch during the hot summers. My grandfather has grown his own fruits and vegetables for as long as I can remember. So, we would help him water the garden and pull out the weeds.  Then, he would reward us by having us choose what fruit we wanted to enjoy.  I would always choose a watermelon because they were always sweet and juicy. Then, we would all gather in the front porch and wait for my grandfather to cut the fruit. This image has a similar setting. The family is depicted doing a family activity.  The children and adults are enjoying the healthy snack. On the right hand side of the image there is a young boy who is walking toward what seems to be the grandmother and is handing her a piece of watermelon. It seems like this image represents a hot summer night in Texas. The women are wearing dresses and the children are wearing shorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment