Sunday, January 5, 2020

Lopez, Paola (Paola)

Hello all, my name is Paola Lopez and I am the TA for this Chicana Art & Artists course offered at UCLA. Currently, I am a graduate student in the Latin American Studies MA program on our campus. I received my two B.A. in International Studies and Human Development at California State University Long Beach (CSULB). As a Latin Americanist and the daughter of two Mexican immigrants, I look forward to being part of this course, which focuses on artistic expression of the Chicana/o community. I am not an artist myself, however, do enjoy and follow several millenial Chicana artists through social media. Through preparation for this course, I have been introduced to a few modern artists of the mid and late 20th century. I am excited to hear and learn about the students' experiences with Chicana/o art and the artists they know or follow.

3 comments: