Thursday, February 13, 2020

2020 Olsen, Eric: Week 6 Stencil

For my stencil, I'm centering an anatomical heart held together by two chains: a thicker, curbed one and a thin linked necklace with a small diamond pendant. My Mom gave me both of these necklaces and I wear them everyday thinking about her; they remind me of the relationship and good memories we shared when I was a kid which is seem distant now but I still hold them close. The heart has a been a constant symbol that I have always loved and is also leading me to painting my stencil on in red. In the four corners, I plan on depicting a bull, lavender, a rose, and cacti/aloe. These images all connect me to my family, my love of growing things, and my partner. I want to focus my stencil on how love and family shapes my identity and self.

No comments:

Post a Comment