Thursday, February 13, 2020

Week 6 - Stencil

For my stencil cover I wanted to something very symbolic to my past self and present self. When I was younger I really like to draw a lotus flower as it was the first thing that my sister attempted to teach me how to draw as well as one of the first things that I repeatedly attempted to draw. Historically, this flower is the embodiment of the growth and love brought into my life. Usually lotus flowers are symbolic or rebirth or enlightenment. After I learned this in my youth I fell more in love with this flower. Attempting to try and perfect drawing it was pointless at one point, not because it was too hard to perfect, but because it would never be perfect but it would symbolize the strength I have at the present time. Over the year I have tried to at least draw one version of a lotus flower to see the difference in the pencil strokes I have and the nonverbal growth demonstrated through my drawings of the flowers. I really love this flower for its symbolic meaning to me and its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment