Monday, February 17, 2020

Week 6 Stencil


I chose to do my stencil on a Matisse inspired design I found online. This drawing is one that has a lot of colors that come from my favorite color palates. I also have an obsession with shapes and pastel colors that are used together in a design, paintings, drawings, etc. The idea of colors and shapes really brings me back to what I stand for some reason. Often when I meditate I think about pastel colors that are calming for me. Additionally, the shape component resembling plants are very central to my life at the moment and the way that I feel connected to life through other means of life in this case plants and nature. This stencil in my notebook will give me a sense of calmness and will keep me grounded as I finish the quarter and continue sketching. In terms of other ways I can apply this stencil, it would be by dividing it into different sections in my notebook. There are 4 designs that I can easily cut and just include anywhere in my sketchbook, my idea is including it in a new section to give the viewer an idea that they are entering a different chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment