Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Presentation: Patssi Valdez


Patssi Valdez’s art really caught my eye during the class presentations. Patssi is an artist that I am glad I came across because I really enjoy the way she applies her experience onto her art. The methodology she has been applying to define and redefine herself is portrayed in her art. Her transcendence through sadness and torment from her home in East LA allowed her to be an introspective painter who has come to peace with herself. Her paintings catch viewer’s eyes through her use of vibrant colors. Her artwork and skill to incorporate beautiful colors really helps in highlighting her purpose in her art and allows viewers to connect with her.  Such as her artwork “Patssi’s Kitchen” we are able to see her ability to incorporate traditional and cultural aspects of her life. I was able to connect to her art because I saw a connectivity between her kitchen and mine. In my kitchen we always have a broom because my parents are fascinated with cleaning the kitchen 24/7. We also have fake and real fruit displayed in our counters such as in her image. The color used in the kitchen also depicts the color  scheme used in my kitchen at home. Overall, Patssi is an amazing artist that is able to portray a lot to viewers by using a simple, unique style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment