Monday, May 21, 2018

Presentation: Barbara Carrasco

      I am amazed by all the presentations I saw last week. From the explanations to the art and artist itself, I gained an insight of the Chicana art community. What struck out the most to me was the fact that all of my classmates who presented were able to relate to the artist in some way. They spoke upon how they each had similar experiences and can relate to their skills.

      A presentation that particularly struck out to me was by my peer Amy Perez. I enjoyed the detail explanation about the talented artist, Barbara Carrasco. I can relate to her in the way that I also truly care about my beautiful LA. She represents her passion for LA history through her 43 panel mural called "L.A. History: A Mexican Perspective, 1981". This mural is jaw dropping! The fact that it is made up of 43 panels and organized in a chronological order to represent LA history is empowering. I enjoyed knowing that I can see a landscape full of events I can relate to. I see myself as the image of the lady to the far left. I find myself constantly thinking about history and questioning how life would be if history was changed around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment