Friday, June 8, 2018

Course reflection

Overall, this course allowed me to get a different perspective in the Latina Art community. Many do not understand all of the hard work and dedication that women play in society. Therefore, this class allowed me to venture out of my comfort zone of just being 1 identity as being Black in society. The main thing I enjoyed in this course was the fact that we had freedom to do a sketchbook. In traditional classes, there aren't many opportunities like this. Therefore, I really appreciate the fact that we had an opportunity to venture out and explore new talents.
I personally enjoyed this class because I feel as though art is a gateway for me to reflect life and also help those in my community find their passions. Learning about art history is a way to get out of social normative society especially being a woman of color in patriarchal societies. I want to personal thank this class experience because it allowed me to develop my love for art even more. I also want to incorporate more Latina representations within my art because I feel as though all women of color should be supported! I learned that art isn't just a hobby, it is a lifestyle.Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment