Monday, February 10, 2020

WEEK 5 CARMEN LOMAS GARZA

 

I chose to speak about this artwork, Felino's Breakdancer, because it brings vivid memories of my childhood. When my grandpa would have time, he would take the family to Santa Monica to walk through the Promenade. When we would walk, we would always see breakdancers literally dancing exactly the same way that they are depicted in this piece of art. The family at the right reminds me of how I would be that child with his grandparents watching these guys dancing. This artwork also depicts how latinos are always hustling, no matter the situation, they will always be doing something to make ends meet. That also resonates with me because my family as well as others have been hustling hard to ensure that they make ends meet, but that they can also provide for their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment