Tuesday, March 10, 2020

class reflection

When I first signed up for this class I was expecting a normal class where the lecture was the predominant force behind the learning of the subject, but I was pleasantly surprised by the incorporation of the actual art aspect of the class. I am in no means a good artist, but the weekly aspect of creation in this class is calming.

(TRIGGER WARNING) [sexual assult]

This Quarter has been the worst time of my life personally, Two friends of mine passed away, one from cancer and the other was kidnapped and murdered, I was raped by someone I thought cared about me, going through the motions of PTSD and not being able to handle physical contact from anyone (not even a hug from my mom)as well as other personal issues back home, but I always found myself spending time drawing in the sketchbook, either for fun or for the grade, and I can not express how therapeutic it was to be able to, essentially turn my brain off and just draw my hands over and over again and use watercolors. I'm sharing what happened to me because it is part of my life, and I am at the point where I'm not fully over it, but I'm getting there and having a platform to just write about anything is good for me.

Don't get me long the class was long at times, especially during the presentations, but learning about new, previously unknown, at least to me, Chicana artists was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment