Monday, March 9, 2020

Week 10 Reflection

I had no idea what this class was going to entail when I first signed up. I assumed it would be more of a survey and history of Chicana artists, almost like an art history class. I had taken several art history classes in the past so I wasn't too worried about how this class would play out. However, when I realized it was an actual art class, I panicked a little considering the fact that I hadn't ever taken an art class before. I felt a little out of my element, especially since my background isn't in the arts as a biology major. But this class has been one of my favorite art classes thus far. I loved learning about different Chicana and Latina artists and getting to look at the wide variety of art that they have created. I learned so much during these past couple of weeks and I'm glad that I was given the opportunity to see all of this amazing art. I did find the art projects to be a little difficult as I have not done any work with drawing or painting in the past at all, my only experience with art is photography. However, I tried my best in the sketchbook assignments even though they didn't come out as nice as some of my classmate's drawings, but I suppose it's the effort that matters! I'm glad that I decided to enroll in this course and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in this class. Thank you to Professor Lopez and my classmates for making this such a fun quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment