Thursday, March 5, 2020

Week 9

The artist that stood out the most to me from this week's presentation is Judy Baca. I have learned about her in previous classes and her art is truly wonderful. This piece, in particular, is actually one of the longest murals in the world. It is titled the Great Wall of Los Angeles which is located in the San Fernando Valley. Judy along with other artists painted this mural and fun fact it actually is part of the Los Angeles River. This mural is of great importance to me because it has a lot of history painted on this both about the world and the city of Los Angeles. Another art piece that I love about Judy is the photo of her smoking a cigarette she looks truly iconic and I know many people have added their own touch to it in the last recent years. Judy looks like a badass as you can see on the bottom of the page some artist took her original photo and edited it and it looks amazing I can't get over how it looks she looks like a badass Chicana I want to get this picture and hang it up in my room or home one day. hopefully, I can meet her one day because she is a living Chicana legend and she inspires many people like myself to draw art that is similar to hers. Also, in this mural, she has a Native American sitting in a campfire with white men I think that part of the mural is cool because it looks like they are eating together. Image result for judy baca art

No comments:

Post a Comment