Monday, January 25, 2021

Week 4: Denver Art Museum

 Denver art museum: 


I never really thought about art as art that had some sort of meaning behind it. I always thought art was simple because I never really looked deeper inside an artwork. However, the Denver Art Museum introduced me to new artists I haven't heard about before and it was interesting to see the way they spoke about their art. The artist I found the most interesting was Damian Ortega, a Mexican artist. He mentioned that he uses pieces of his everyday life to create art, but his art is different in a way. His pieces are “flying” objects/sculptures that are somewhat enormous. I was amazed by his work because his work is more than just the pieces he uses. In a way he is showing his way of thinking, what his hands are able to do, and his creativity. I was just amazed because I always thought art was composed on a piece of paper or digitally, but never did I think his objects were art. I never thought about art like that, so I was astounded by his artwork in general. One of his recent works was the beetle car. Here he talks about having many layers. It kind of reminded me of lego pieces in a way because it is designed in a way where these pieces are eventually going to come together as a whole to create this beetle car he is talking about.   


Overall, it was interesting to see how every artist has their way of thinking when it comes to art, but have similar perspectives when it comes to creating it. I feel that every artist is different when it comes to art because every art piece that I have seen is different from every other piece. However, I really enjoyed attending.   


Damian Ortega | Widewalls

Damian Ortega 

No comments:

Post a Comment