Monday, February 8, 2021

Rasquache - Week 6

 In my opinion, after completing the reading, I think that  rasquachismo is more of a feeling. It has to do more with being spontaneous and not adhering to any guidelines except your own. It is also something that is never extravagant, but something you can make yourself with whatever you have at hand. Your wildest ideas are never wrong and you can do whatever feels comfortable for you no matter how out there an idea may seem. 

This quarter I am taking a Chicana Feminism class and we had to create our own Nicho presentation. The nicho presentation was not a normal Nicho presentation since our professor said to really make it our own and be creative with it. My first impression was to create my box highlighting the things I love and have a passion for. I also wanted to utilize things in my household to give it the rasquachismo effect that I wanted the box to have. I used sprinkles to decorate the box and highlight my love for baking. I also used my parents household Virgens to represent my Catholic identity. The box I made the presentation in was a shoebox which is something I had lying around my house. All the items I had in my Nicho were things that I already had. I did not want to spend money on anything for the project in order to make it with more emotion. I also feel that using items around my house helped make it more rasquache. Since rasquache is all about making something your own so that your own feeling is connected to it everything I added was because of the connection I had to it. Most of the supplies I used were my baking supplies which is something else I felt made it have more rasquache. I was able to turn the baking supplies into a work of art with edible glitter and sprinkles used to decorate.



No comments:

Post a Comment