Monday, February 1, 2021

Week 5: La Virgen de Guadalupe

 



    In my experience with "La Virgen de Guadalupe", she has been everywhere in my life. Since I am Mexican and catholic, I have been exposed to various images from my cultura such as La Virgen de Guadalupe. At my grandma's house, she has paintings all over the place of La Virgen de Guadalupe, paintings that she did or pictures. In addition, I have a statue of La Virgen de Guadalupe in my house. I also have a little picture on my bed. Whenever I walk down the stairs, she is the first thing I see every morning. When I first saw La Virgen de Guadalupe, I thought it was beautiful. She appeared enlightened and holy. I never thought much about it, but as I continue to read and see more artworks of La Virgen de Guadalupe, I grow more appreciative of her image. I learned of her significance when my father told me the story behind her, how she appeared to Juan Diego and was a symbol of faith and holiness. 

Another thing I think of is this show called "La Rosa de Guadalupe", based on La Virgen de Guadalupe.  Every episode, someone is dealing with a problem or a person misbehaving. Whenever it reaches it's peak, a white rose appears. This signifies that they are in need, and that La virgen will help them. Over the course of the episode, the audience can see the influence of La Virgen de Guadalupe on someone who needs her. Towards the end of the show, they learn their lesson and thank La virgen de Guadalupe for helping them. Watching this show by myself or with a friend, I always enjoy seeing how the conflict is resolved. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Joaquin !
    I like how you include your own personal experience with la Virgen. Everyone's experience is different, but I really like that you reference LA Rosa De Guadalupe. For whatever reason, I do realize that many episodes are exaggerated and display worst case scenario situations, but I still also enjoy seeing the conflict resolved at the end.

    ReplyDelete