Saturday, November 8, 2014

Artist Blog For The Week

            This week really had a considerable amount of interesting artist; I did not know who to write about. I decided to write my blog about Shizu Saldamando, not because she graduated from UCLA, but because she is experimenting with a form of art that is not too common. I am talking about the “Looking at Art, The Reception” project I see that potential that she has on her art and her imagination. I like how she draws what she feels, by drawing her art observers, is one way of her telling us that she notices (her viewers) us. I also enjoy how she likes to capture the youth in their everyday life styles, It is important for us to capture moments like the once she is capturing with her artwork. It also shows how we as a society are living in these times, and how the way of life in the community is. The project by her titled “Stay Gold” is also very interesting how she is exhibiting the gay community, we are living in a time that the gay community is finally gaining their rights and their place in society, and I feel she is further strengthening the gay community’s struggle for rights. She is doing this by implementing the gay community in her art projects, for viewers to see and appreciate the beauty that is in all humans regardless of who we decide to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment