Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week 5: Shizu Saldamando


           
Although there were only a few artists this week in which I thought were amazing artist, the one artist that stood out to me the most was the amazing Shizu Saldamando. Her series about viewing the people who are viewing the artwork and using ballpoint as the medium to create her artwork was absolutely amazing. Having done my share in attempting to draw using only ballpoint pen; I could quite frankly corroborate its difficulty with out any hesitation or lack of sincerity in my words.
            One particular image that quickly held my attention and fascination was the image located above. The combination of black and blue pen in this drawing was precise and was will executed. Although, the rest of her drawling would get nothing short of genuine admiration form me, this specific drawling is one drawling I see myself trying to recreate and duplicate in my time of leisure. I do this as a way to better understand the artist through the process of their work by going through the motions of painting (or in this case drawling) the image. For me, the recreation of an artist drawling or painting is giving them the very highest honor in my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment