Saturday, November 29, 2014

Carmen Lomas Garza

The image I have chosen by Carmen Lomas Garza is named Los Mesquites. This image caught my attention, since when I first seen it, I did not realize the strong emotional message behind it. When I realized the image contained features of human relationships through nature, it automatically remind me of Laura Aguilar and her relationship with nature. The image illustrates trunks and branches of two mesquite trees. When viewing the image carefully, one can notice that what builds the tree, are bodies of nude males and females interacting in what I would call sweet and sour relationships. The reason why I see this image as sweet and sour relationships is because the symbolic body posture of the females seem to portray confusion while appearing blinded and manipulated by what they believe is love. It appears as if the females in the image all share their male partners. I would conclude that this image works as a symbol of the famous saying “love is blind” because both females and males seem confused by showing affection to one another and later escaping from each other making romantic love appear confusing. Lastly, the aluminum plate etching technique of this image, it is just so captivating and such a creative artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment