Saturday, November 22, 2014

Letter to Marion Martinez

Dear Marion Martinez,
I recently did some research and prepared a presentation of some of your artwork for an art class I am taking.  I have to say that I was amazed and impressed with a lot of your work because of the creativity and artistic skill you are demonstrating in these pieces of art. I appreciate immensely that you are using old pieces which many may consider to be “junk” and build such beautiful sculptures with them.
I would love to know what inspired you to decide to build art pieces using the materials you use and why you choose to do so.  It really makes your artwork stand out and shows that you are a person who is thoughtful and motivated.  I’ve noted that a lot of your works depict religious figures, animals, figurines and there are many more which are of a more abstract nature.  Nonetheless these things show that you are of a religious upbringing and are also conscious of environmental issues (which are shown by your use of recycled materials to build art). 
The amount of details in the art pieces you’ve created are in particular astounding.  I never knew that something as common as a computer chip could be used as art, but you have only reinforced the idea that art isn’t necessarily what something is built out of, but rather, art is created when something gains value in a personal level.
Sincerely,

Hector Prado 

No comments:

Post a Comment