Saturday, November 22, 2014

Introduction To My Artist Through a Letter: Linda Vallejo

Dear Linda Vallejo,
I am currently taking a chicana art and artist course and I have chosen you as the subject of my presentation.
I had the opportunity to visit your make em' all mexican exhibition as part MOAH's Hispanic heritage theme. I have narrowed my presentaion to be about this collection and its impact on the chicana/o community.
I have a couple questions in regards to this collection.
Is the sculpture titled John Diego done by you and if so why can't I find any image of it online or on your webpage. Was john diego initially part of make em' mexican collection?
How did you go about choosing which iconic art works to repurpose?
Usually one associates a chile especially jalapenos as intrinsic to the mexican community so why did you make it mexican by produce a brown sculpture.
If you could please answer these questions so I could find a better understanding of your art I would be thankful.
Best Wishes,
                  Lucero Duran

No comments:

Post a Comment