Saturday, November 22, 2014

Margaret Garcia

Dear Margaret Garcia,


Recently in our class we had a classmate present on you and your artwork.  Your artwork has been the best I have encountered so far.  My favorite piece of art is the sleeping little girl behind the bright red background.  It is just a beautiful painting and it resonated with me because I have seen this image a number of times in the community where I grew up.  Walking through the streets of my neighborhood I would constantly see children in strollers with their mothers asleep.  The cheeks of the little girl are so enthralling that it creates such a beautiful image.  The other painting that was demonstrated to us was the one of a woman and child also asleep.  I guess you can say I love sleeping and maybe that is why these images called my attention.  I just love how serene people look when they are asleep.  Sleeping is the only time that someone can be at peace without much on his or her mind.  The use of color in your images is also something that I love because I enjoy the intensity it brings to your images.  The brush strokes are apparent in your images and I love it.  You are very talent and I would definitely buy the image of the young girl sleeping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment