Saturday, November 15, 2014

Response to Maria Delgado's Post of Camille Rose Garcia


Similar to Maria I am a Disney fanatic, however, unlike Maria, I was not aware of the negative or "dark" side behind many of the Disney fairy tales. The examples Maria used regarding Alice in Wonderland and Snow White was astonishing for me since there were several negative things in each fairy tale movie I did not realize as a child. Seeing it visually brought to life by this artist allowed to agree with Maria on how Camille Garcia does an amazing job revealing the dark side of the Disney tales through her artwork. Through vibrant intense colored backgrounds and cool, dark colored characters definitely allows one to see the contrast of which Camille is attempting for viewers to realize. 

Reading Maria's post made me look over Camille's artwork twice. In her post she used the example of Snow White, however, I did not immediately recognize that it was Snow White. I just thought it was an art piece using gothic colors that was intended to scare viewers, but it also caught my attention with their facial expressions. It made want to find out more information regarding the frightened facial expressions both characters have and what was going to occur next. I definitely would like to view more of her artwork since my joy of watching Disney fairy tales will never cease. One thing I would have liked to see is more paintings revealing any darkness if any of my favorite Disney movie The Little Mermaid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment