Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving and Tamales


A Carmen Lomas Garza painting that stood put to me other than the three I choose for my paper would be the cahapter “A Tejana on the West Coast” and titled Tamalada. One of the reasons is because a while back Aces mentioned that the blog post tend to focus more on the subject but lack a passionate connection to the image. That the bloggers emotions seemed to be restrained.

Now this image standouts out because not only did I spend this Wednesday, Thanksgiving and Friday making tamales, but I love how this image reflects a sense of unity and love amongst family and friends.

I regards to my personal experience making tamales this images is similar to making tamales at my house but it contains a couple of differences.

The biggest being that men tend to be lacking from my image. Also I had the opportunity to recreate third image and make it my own, one would also see some bickering, others crying from laughter and the younger children a bit grumpy and being forced to make tamales especially seeing as my mom makes tamales at least once a week. In the background you would see an image of la Virgen and el Santo Padre Toribio and some Vicente Fernandez cd playing in the background. While my image is not as ideal and perfect it reflects my family's lifestyle and it juxtaposes Tamalada. An example of how every person is different even if the event is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment