Saturday, November 22, 2014

Week 7, Letter to a artist

Dear Laura Aguilar,


My name is Natalie Del Cid and I had a couple of questions and comments for you. I was wondering how is it that you were able to deal with the issues of depression and still have the courage to continue on working because I happen suffer from depression myself and I happen to have days were I find it hard to do anything and the fact that you have been able to make such beautiful art yet have to deal with such a dark issue. Is there a specific routine you do in order to get inspired? I love how you use nature as one of your healing methods because I feel that when I am outdoors camping or running is when I can actually be at peace with myself. The fact that you embrace your body and are comfortable within your own skin is inspiring because I know so many women that deal with insecurities because their bodies have been the sources of prejudice, stigma, and hardship. I want to thank you for having the courage to do what you do and I really hope you continue to make beautiful art because you are truly an inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment