Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Extra Credit on Mural by Chicana Artist


This mural is located in downtown Santa Ana in a parking lot on 3rd and French streets. This mural attracted me for it is very bright and colorful. The woman in the mural is blowing out birds in between her palms amongst flowers and fields. I looked further into the mural and found out it was created in three months by the Santa Ana artists coalition. This group is a group of ten local chicano artists who put an emphasis on art and education in the community. They state that the mural is "A woman blowing a kiss full of the hopes and dreams of the city's community members right into the streets".  This mural is very beautiful and I'm so happy I ran into it for it makes me happy to see beautiful art in the streets of my home town. "People don't want to see violence they want to see something peaceful, artistic".

1 comment:

  1. The first time I visited this mural I was really amazed and inspired by its beauty. I am from Orange County my self and I think murals like this really add a lot of value to our home town for the community and our visitors.

    ReplyDelete