Thursday, December 11, 2014

Final Blog Post


This class was a challenge for me. I am not an artist. I have not been trained in drawing and I have never taken an art class before. When I learned we were going to be constructing an art journal I was afraid. I though oh no, this is going to be interesting. I also thought okay maybe this will be good and I can learn something new and maybe develop my drawing skills.
            I went into the assignment with an open mind and along the way found that I enjoyed doing some of the assignments. I wish I had put more of myself into the journal. I under estimated the time it takes to draw and make something that you are proud of. I am a bit of a perfectionist so when I drew I wanted everything to be pleasing to at least my eye. This did not always happen so I had to let go of my perfectionism and just let my drawing evolve over time. Because of this process I know have more willingness to let the learning process happen and not make everything perfect right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment