Saturday, December 13, 2014

Final Blog Post :(

I am very happy that I took this class although it was out of my comfort zone. I had always been interested in learning about Chicana art and historicism so this class was perfect for me to take. The project that I loved the most was creating a cover for our sketch books. I was amazed last class to see our class sketch books all together against the board. It was very cool to see all the different art work my classmates had created and their reasoning behind them. I learned so much about my self in that I do not identify with being Chicana, but I do identify with the consciousness of being a Chicana.

I think taking classes outside of your comfort zone are the most important ones to take. I am glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone and took that class because I learned so much about Chicana art and artists. I wrote down names of artists that I loved during class presentations so that I could look them up later and try to get some of their art work to put on my walls in my room. I have also learned how much I love art and how it is a great stress reliever for me especially with being a full time student. I hope to continue doing art during the year with UCLA's Art club. They meet on Monday's @ Sunset Rec. You can do free art pieces! : )

Thank you so much Professor Lopez and my classmates for this unforgettable experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment