Saturday, December 13, 2014

Final Post

I have always loved art and I have always been inspired by how many different types of art there are in the world. But this class has taught me about how important it is to discover art and artists of color. Before this class, I had no idea about how many Chicana artists there were and how significant their artwork was to their culture. I loved learning about the diverse backgrounds each artist has come from and how some of them have many different backgrounds that make them Chicana, but even other identities, such as Cuban and Japanese. I loved seeing the different styles and mostly color that's used in Chicana art, it made me realize how much color is so important to indigenous backgrounds and how beautiful it can be. I loved seeing the culture in every piece I saw, and even the pieces that didn't have much culture in it,  but still spoke about difficult issues like the environment and the control of the border. This class showed me how diverse and beautiful art can be, especially how the support and awareness of art made from women of color is so important for our education.

No comments:

Post a Comment