Saturday, December 13, 2014

Final Post

This class taught me a lot about art and the process of creating.  I have not drawn or painted since I was young and doing so now was a very unique experience.  Any art class that I have taken in my life has been very euro-centric (like most other aspects of education), they have also been art history type classes and had no creative development at all.  Being forced to draw weekly and almost daily helped me to to develop my drawing skills ( though I am still far from what I would consider an artist.)  I learned about how therapeutic it can be to freely create, especially with such a tumultuous quarter.  I also learned that I was able to relate to my classmates through our art, and how much fun it is to go to an art store with friends and buy new supplies! :]  I learned that chicana art is extremely varied, and isn't just guadalupes and fridas.  I thoroughly enjoyed this class and I am excited that I now have art supplies and skills to keep creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment