Saturday, December 13, 2014

Week 10: Final Post

My first quarter at UCLA was a great experience for me. I was shocked when I found so many resources available for me in different fields. I took this class with no previous understanding of Chicana/o community. I felt that I needed to take this class because it is my responsibility to know as much as I can about people whom I have interaction with in Los Angeles. Although I am majoring in architecture, I want to grow as an artist. Therefore, I need to have a conscious mind about the arts. This class was amazing in this aspect because I was introduced to so many artists whose works inspired me socially and politically.    
Not only I was introduced to various art projects, but I also had the opportunity to practice it.  I enjoy the hand drawings the most out of all the projects I have done for my sketchbook because there is a great message behind it. It does not matter what I think I see; what I actually see matters. I continue practicing until I harmonize what I see and what my mind say I see. Then, I may be able to see the truth of anything that I look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment