Thursday, October 29, 2015

Blog Post Week 5: Stencil


   The stencil on the front cover of my notebook represents my family. My mother is on the left side and my father is on the right. My mother is hugging my siblings Gladys, Jessica and me. My father is on the right side and he is hugging my siblings Michelle, Maggie, and Oscar. My mothers heart is shattered to represent the hearbreaks that my father has put her through and the struggles she has overcame. I put my mothers image first because she is my hero and I believe she is stronger than my father. I put a stencil of thorns dripping blood to represent the problems and hardships of my family. On the other side I put rose stencils to represent the solutions and happy memories that we have shared as a family. My family means everything to me and I felt that my stencils should showcase what is important to me. 
     The stencil on the back of my notebook is a tree. I thought about putting a tree stencil to represent the knowledge that I have acquired through out the years. It looks like the branches are barely growing and thats what I love. I believe that I still need to learn much more. I am working on a bird stencil that I will place above the tree or maybe on top of it. The bird to me means the independence that I want to achieve and the freedom that I have gained through education. I looked up and modified these stencils, carved them on a manila folder then painted the stencils over onto my notebook.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree turned out great! I love how you decorated the front and back!

    ReplyDelete