Thursday, October 29, 2015

Israeli Flag

For my sketchbook cover image, I decided to make a stencil of the Israeli flag. The flag comes from the country of Israel and is a big part of my Jewish religion. Most importantly, the Star of David on the Jewish flag is a symbol of Judaism and is a symbol that I have carried on and will continue to carry on throughout my whole life. It resembles my beliefs, values, and traditions as a Jew and is a prominent symbol that can be found in homes of Jewish individuals, including myself, and is most importantly found in Jewish Synagogues. The Israeli flag, as well as the Jewish star as it’s symbol, has a significant amount of meaning behind it, but to me the Israeli flag represents my pride in being a Jew and how my second home will always be in Israel.


The way I created this stencil was by printing an image of the Israeli flag and drawing it onto a manila folder. Then I cut out the image using an X-Acto knife, which became the stencil for my sketchbook cover image. I selected this image for my sketchbook cover because since it is a prominent symbol of my Jewish religion and culture, it is something that overwhelms me with comfort and happiness when I look at it and reminds me of Israel, which is so dear to my heart.   


No comments:

Post a Comment