Saturday, October 31, 2015

Blog Post Week 5: Stencil


When I heard we get to choose an image for the stencil, I wanted to find an image that could represent who I am and just something that would come to my liking the moment I saw it; however, it was not easy to find an image that I liked. After searching and searching for an image that grabbed my attention, Disney popped into my head. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved Disney everything (still do). I love the princesses, Mickey and Minnie, and Disneyland itself. From then on I searched for Disney stencils and found the stencil I chose to use as my cover page. My stencil is Ariel, from the Little Mermaid, sitting on top of a rock looking into the night sky. Behind her is a full moon and beneath her are the waves of the sea. When I saw this image, something about it just clicked and I really liked it. When I painted the acrylic over the stencil, I liked it even more. What I did to create this stencil is at first I printed out the image and I put the printed-paper over a magazine cover (which is a bit thicker than a normal paper) and cut out accordingly. It was my first time using an X-acto knife so at first it was difficult, but it got better over time. After the stencil was created, I painted the acrylic paint over my cover and that is how I created the cover of my sketchbook. In general, I think this image gives off the meaning to dream on and follow your dreams, just like how Ariel dreamed of becoming a human and followed her heart to go find the prince.    

2 comments:

  1. JiHee, I really love your stencil! I would've had a hard time cutting the circle,but your circle came out great! I like how you state that the stencils meaning is to dream just like Ariel dreamt of becoming a human.

    ReplyDelete