Saturday, October 31, 2015


This image is from The Little Mermaid by Walt Disney in which the main character Ariel is sitting on the rock with the moon behind her. I found this image online and thought this would be good for stencil because it would be able to reflect the shade and waves. Cutting was not so hard though I was careful not to cut the little space between the waves. In fact, it was more difficult to color it because the paint goes under the paper and could distort the delicate shape of the shade. But I think the image relatively looks good which the viewers would recognize what it is.

I chose this image because I love ocean and the movie was the one which enlarged my affection to and good image of the ocean. Definitely this movie influenced my childhood and led to who I am because it made the existence of the ocean my comfort in my mind, and it expanded my imagination. This image is what exactly I like because of the combination of the ocean, the moon, and the mermaid which makes the picture legendary. I love that, in this version of the image for the stencil, the shade and light are clearly highlighted. This was my first time to make stencil and found it really fun and a creative way to print an image.

1 comment: