Saturday, October 31, 2015

Rosie and Rocky Stencil

The image I chose for my stencil is of my dog Rosie. I printed out a black and white image of her and taped it onto a manila folder then after I cut out the black parts of the image, I used red paint to make her outline appear on my sketchbook. I have had her since she was a puppy and she is now five in people years. Rosie is a dachshund mix, she has glaucoma in her right eye and will most likely get it in her left eye. I call her my fur-baby and treat her like she is a human being. I spoil her a lot and love to dress her up. My main reason for choosing her is that she is a great source of comfort for me. Whenever I have felt sad or angry, her presence calms me down and makes me feel better. I feel like even though she cannot talk to me in my language, she shows me a lot by simply snuggling next to me or licking me. For me, home does not feel like home unless she is there. Rosie is very protective of me and since she is blind in one eye, she tends to bark at strangers a lot.

On the back of my sketchbook I will be adding a stencil of Rocky who is my boyfriend’s and his family’s dog. He is a pug mix who is going to be three in people years. Rosie and I live with my boyfriend and his family back in our hometown Oxnard. Since we are away at school, Rocky takes care of Rosie even though he is younger than her. Rosie has separation anxiety and gets sad when I am gone, but having Rocky makes her more comfortable and happy. Rosie and Rocky are really important to me and I love them more than anything. I personally am more of a four legged creature person than a two legged people person, so that’s why I am incorporating Rosie and Rocky on my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment