Saturday, October 31, 2015

stencil for my heart

I know it is typical, that the image that I chose is an angel wing. I  know how done it is, I know that countless of people have done it that it is not very imaginative but either way it is what I chose. Is there a sad childhood story? yes. I grew up a foster kid that was very lucky enough to live with my grandma at certain points of my childhood. Even though I was lucky, I had to get accustomed to Spanish, having Spanish yelled at me and crying silently otherwise she would give me a real reason to cry. I am white and Hispanic all at they same time and I never really learned how to balance it. Don't get me wrong I love my grandma, she that kind of person that even though you want her to shut the hell up, you know that when they are silent it is so much worse. Yet, I never felt like I belonged, I never felt that I could wholeheartedly be open about my life or the things I wanted, I was never a bad kid, but I was never a happy one either. No one knew how to talk to me, how to make me understand. The only person that could ever do that had abandoned me for meth and other drugs. I wanted to be free, free of the ongoing mess that was my life. I wanted to be a person that could just turn my back on everything and leave it behind. I wanted to be my mother, free of everything and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment