Saturday, October 31, 2015

Stencil

I chose to do my stencil on two parts of my life that represent me and are my biggest commitments outside of being a student at UCLA.  I have been a dancer for 14 years with an Armenian dance company called “Zvartnots Dance Ensemble”. Other than learning how to express myself through dance, I have learned discipline, which I believe helped me eventually transfer into UCLA and be successful in other aspects of my life. My stencil is the logo of my dance company combined with the logo of the real estate company I work for.  The outside figure is the letter “Z” for Zvartnots in the Armenian alphabet, while the little rays right inside are rays of sunshine which represents my ethnicity and outlook on life. I believe happiness is key to be successful and thousands of years ago Armenians used to be sun worshippers. So by including the rays of sunshine I am referencing my past and future. The square inside the circle is the logo of “Hall and Chambers” the company I work for. Real estate is a large aspect of my life so I felt it needed a space in my stencil. Obtaining and working in real estate was a childhood goal of mine so my stencil is referencing my past and future of my culture, life, and goals.  I have attached images of my stencil as well as the logos I combined to create it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment