Saturday, October 31, 2015

Week 5: Stencil

This stencil is an image of an Egyptian person. I chose this image not simply because it is Egyptian but for what it represents. This image brings to mind one of my longest and most passionate dreams. This particular image represents one of my life goals, and that is to become a professional archaeologist. But, it not only represents my passion for archaeology, it also represents everything I have worked towards in terms of my education, my love for travel the most remote places on Earth, my love for art, and my determination that I will get to be where I want to be.

This stencil also represents its image as an Egyptian person because I found the image interesting and unique. It was quite complicated to carve out the face and all the curves with the little knife but it was a challenge worth carving.

At first I had decided to choose an image which represented my ethnicity such as the Azects (but the class had already discussed the Azects), then I wanted to do a stencil of a Purepecha image (but there were so few past images to choose from) and finally that is why I decided to choose an Egyptian image, because they were bountiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment