Saturday, November 7, 2015

W6-CarmenLopez Garza

        For this week blog on Carmen Lopez Garza I pick "Cumpleaños"10 Color Lithograph,1992. This painting is very significant for me I love the colors, and it depicts the natural environment where birthdays come through in big families. In our culture this is very popular and families specialty are parties like this ones. it captures so many colors and the people come together to celebrate someone special. I found that Carmen Lomas Garza, a Kingsville native, uses her childhood memories and experiences to create work which recalls the traditions and folklore of Tejano Families. Carmen's paintings and prints have the power to make us remember our own childhood as they express her pride in her Latino/a heritage(http://www.en.utexas.edu/amlit/amlitprivate/texts/garza.htm). 

        This paintings are unique to me and I relate to them just like C.Lopez Garza my childhood was full of parties like this one specially in the little village I grew up back in Mexico the whole village will get together and celebrate either for religious reason or to fundraise for school or politic rallies. Its great to remember through this painting the beauty of those "get togethers" back in my community. I value even more our culture and celebrate the uniqueness of my Latino heritage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment