Saturday, December 5, 2015

Final Blog Post

Prior to taking this course, I had no knowledge on Chicana Art and Chicana Artists. So, when we were asked to name artists we knew, I could only name the well-known American and European artists; however, now I am proud to say that I can name several artists and even explain their art works to others. Through our art presentations, I even found my favorite Chicana artist, Liliana Wilson, who I presented on. Over the 10 weeks, I have learned a lot about Chicana Art. I have learned that Chicana Art is not only an art, but also a form of art that tells a story. That has meanings, especially personal stories of artists’ themselves and their family, which I found very interesting. Throughout taking this course, I am glad that I also got to learn about Chicana culture and the important figures in their lives, such as La Virgen de Guadalupe. Living in Los Angeles, I have seen La Virgen several times, but did not really know who she was and what she meant to people, but learning about her in class got me to understand the meaning of La Virgen and I learned to appreciate such figure living among us. Overall, I really enjoyed taking this course and I believe this is my favorite course at UCLA so far! I loved learning about Chicana Artists and their art works and I especially enjoyed creating our art project books. Drawing and painting really did take my mind off the stressfulness in my life, and I learned I am actually not that bad in drawing! Thank you for a great quarter Professor Lopez J

No comments:

Post a Comment