Saturday, December 5, 2015

Final Blog Post

This quarter, I was fortunate enough to be introduced to a history and art form that I was not aware of previously. Before this class, I was unfamiliar with La Virgen de Guadalupe, and all of the work she influences in Chicana Art. Like most people, 10 weeks ago, most of the artists I was familiar with were white, European males. However, the majority of artists I know now are from Chicanas. I have always been intrigued with Latin culture, and this class taught me the significant meaning behind social and political art, behind different perspectives of Chicanas. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world, and I am happy that I had the honor to be taught by Professor Lopez.

In addition, before this class drawing terrified me and I did not know what I was getting myself into by enrolling in this class. Drawing hands might have been one of the most difficult things I endured in this class. However, with thy help of Professor Lopez and my will power, I conquered my fear of drawing hands, and I feel that I made tremendous improvement through out the quarter, look at my sketchbook for proof.  I actually want to get a second sketchbook and draw for fun to aid in relieving my stress next quarter. I truly enjoyed this class and I am so upset is has to come to an end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment