Saturday, December 5, 2015

Final post

When I first started this class, I had expected it to be much more of a history class than anything. The first couple of weeks were pretty interesting learning about the virgin de Guadalupe and all of the contradictions and interpretations that comevith her story. As soon as we began using our sketchbooks I began to like the class even more. Although I had taken a couple art classes in high school, I had never felt so comfortable to express myself without really worrying about a grade. Hands have always been the most difficult things for me to draw and I'm really glad I got to practice doing so because I now feel much more comfortable. I loved getting to learn about the various chicana artists because it gave me a new sense of understanding and pride about my culture. l, it was incredible to see the transformation in our knowledge between now and the first day of class. Seeing the amount of CHICANA artists that we now know and know about is amazing. I really enjoyed this class and getting to seen the amazing talent my classmates, and professor exuded throughout the quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment