Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 10: Final Post

Final Blog Post:


Throughout these ten weeks, i was able to acquire a lot of information about various Chicana Artists and what has inspired them to express themselves through their art. On the first day of class I didn't even know the name of a single Chicana artist but throughout this course and listening to various presentations I was able to learn about several different artists. I also noticed that La Virgen de Guadalupe is a reoccurring character that plays a role in the majority of Chicana Art. It was very enjoyable and interesting to be able to learn about a symbol that is very important and essential in the Chicana/o community. I also enjoyed being able to incorporate our artistic ability by drawing several images in our art-book throughout the week. Also, learning about Chicana cultural symbols: La Malinche, La Llorona, and Mother Mexica was a very interesting experience. I especially love the story or myth behind La Llorona.

I learned a lot of intersting techniques as we were supposed to draw four hands a week. I had never done anything so repetitive before, so it really allowed me to grasp the ability of drawing hands in different variations of the alphabet.

No comments:

Post a Comment